The financial sacrifice women make in becoming a mum is like the Achilles heel of motherhood. Being on maternity leave for 12 months can have a significant impact on our superannuation when we retire, as I discover during my conversation with financial planner and working mum, Deline Jacovides from Mazi Wealth.
There are a lot of expenses for families at the moment with rising living costs, cost of childcare, and the general cost of raising children. During this podcast episode with Deline, we talk about financial literacy for women, and the financial foundation for any financial plan is having a budget and living within your means. Sounds simple enough, but there are many considerations.
This episode is filled with many great hints, tips, and advice with Deline sharing her knowledge to support working parents. She often talks about planning for your future self and not just today. We are both very passionate about childcare affordability and discuss key areas for improvement to support working parents and the financial considerations.
During this episode we talk about:
- What inspired Deline to start her own business (hint – it’s not driven by family)
- How to financially plan for children
- The foundation of a financial plan
- The financial gap for women taking parental leave and tips to overcome this
- Strategies to help improve your superannuation
- We discuss the barriers on why companies don’t pay superannuation and improvement ideas
- Why the government should pay superannuation as part of the paid parental leave policy and the long term impacts this would have
- Why working mums are a great value to any organisation
- How to set yourself up financial for the future
I hope you enjoy this episode.
Continue the conversation and join the Working Mumma Village.
Connect with Deline Jacovides
* Instagram: @maziwealth
* Website: maziwealth.com.au
Connect with Working Mumma and Carina O’Brien
* Instagram: @workingmummacommunity
* Facebook: @workingmummaAU
* Website: www.workingmumma.com.au
* LinkedIn – Working Mumma or Carina O’Brien
Magdeline (Deline) Jacovides is an Authorised Representative (No. 1240373), and Mazi Wealth Pty Ltd ATF Mazi Wealth Trust is a Corporate Authorised Representative (No. 1295178), of Spark Advisors Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 34 122 486 935, AFSL 380552).
General Advice Warning: The information in this podcast and the links has been prepared for general information purposes only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. It is not intended to provide commercial, financial, investment, accounting, tax or legal advice. You should, before you make any decision regarding any information, strategies, or products mentioned on this website, consult a professional financial advisor to consider whether it is suitable and appropriate for you and your personal needs and circumstances. Before making a decision to acquire a financial product, you should obtain and read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) relating to that product, together with the Target Market Determination (TMD).