In this episode of the Working Mumma podcast, we dive deep into topics relating to gender equality and the motherhood penalty. I speak with Niti Nadarajah and we have really insightful conversation across a range of different topics. No matter where you are on your parenting journey, there are great tips from Niti.
Niti is passionate about gender equality and we chat about shifting the mental models associated with working mothers so we can overcome the impacts of the motherhood penalty.
Our chat included:
- Niti’s career transition from corporate lawyer to coach
- The value of creating change and empowering others, especially fathers in taking parental leave and sharing the mental load
- Losing ourselves, rediscoving our values and reminding yourself of your skills when returning back to work after maternity leave
- Embracing our skills and superpowers. Niti spoke about the skills we learn when on maternity leave and as we overcome the challenges of parenting, we continue to grow and develop as individuals, enhancing our skill sets along the way
- Shifting mindsets and avoiding settling. Niti urges a shift in mindset, emphasizing that we should not settle for less than we deserve. By knowing our self-worth and value, we can assert ourselves confidently and challenge systemic biases that hinder our professional growth.
Connect with Niti via her website coachingbyniti.com or LinkedIn